Quick, name one thing — anything — that Bostonians and New Yorkers agree on. With the possible exception of a mutual disdain for the Los Angeles Lakers, folks from these two great Northeast cities rarely see eye to eye. Remember how bizarre it was to see Wade Boggs and Roger Clemens in pinstripes, or Phil Esposito in Rangers red, white and blue?
But there is a very short list of things they agree on, and you can add Stowe, Vermont, to that exclusive group.
Stowe Mountain Resort, situated on the eastern shoulder of 4,395-foot Mount Mansfield — the tallest peak in the Green Mountain State — and neighboring Spruce Peak, long has been known as a premiere New England ski destination. More than 25 percent of Stowe’s reservations come from Massachusetts (the most popular of visiting states). New York accounts for 17 percent, while 12 percent come from Connecticut, for a combined 29 percent. Talk about an intriguing coming together of the clans. Seems like Yankees and Red Sox fans don’t disagree on everything.
And there’s a reason for that universal attraction. Stowe, if not the quintessential Northeast ski resort, is one of the region’s most complete ski experiences, with exceptional trails, a capable lift system, outstanding après ski, and a true “ski town.”